Case Studies and General Recommendations regarding diversity in adult education organisations
In this section you will find the collected case studies of the DivCap project from seven European
Each DivCap partner has followed two organisations that offer educational activities to adults.
General sources have been consulted, such as website, policy notes, annual reports, social media and
On the basis of this, a general checklist was completed which subsequently formed the context
within which discussions were held with at least four employees from management, the educational
staff and the support services.
This data was the material on which a further analysis of the organisation took place:
- It has been determined for each organisation what the current situation is and what steps
need to be taken to move one step further to become an intercultural organisation with a
balanced diversity policy.
- It pays attention to what change needs to take place and what the consequences are.
Specific tailor-made substantive recommendations have been drawn up for each organisation and
recommendations are made as to which type of change process fits best with this and what that
requires from management and staff commitment.
The actual text of these case studies are directly derived from the original documents as discussed or
further discussed with the institutions involved.
The second part of this section contains a summary of the most important key points and a series
of general recommendations for further development into an intercultural organisation with a
balanced diversity policy. This part is presented in a seperate document.
Collection of Case Studies
- Amaryllis (The Netherlands)
- Cramars Soc. Coop. (Italy)
- Cyclisis (Greece)
- Dafni Kek (Greece)
- Humanitas Twente (The Netherlands)
- I.E.S. Trevenque (Spain)
- Institute of International Management, FH Joanneum (Austria)
- Institute of Social Work, FH Joanneum (Austria)
- IRES F.V.G. (Italy)
- La Blanca Paloma V.E.T. School (Spain)
- Obrtničko učilište OU (Craft College) (Croatia)
- POU Samobor (Croatia)
- VHS Chance (Germany)
- VHS Kursprogramm (Germany)